- TOP FUEL SESSION THREE
The first pair
out for the last session was Jason Greenwood and Dusty Green.
Neither were qualifited.
the tires on their only other attempt, the Nitro Hemi guys played
it safe and tuned it to just get down the track. A 5.911 at 245.45
did just that securing the #6 spot for Green. Greenwood's 6.238
at 238.38 fell short leaving him #9.
The second pair
out for the last session was Tim Cullinan and Mendy Fry. Fry
was solidly n the show but Cullinan was not.
Fry's 6.207 at 155.33 was a far
cry from her Q2 5.697 which was good for #3, Cullinan's 6.35
@ 177.81 left him on the outside looking in.
out attempting to make the show was Tyler Hilton on a single.
Hilton's 6.109 at 235.93
was good enough to come back on Saturday albeit #8.
Next out was
Adam Sorokin who was sitting mid field and Paul Schultz who was
still a DNQ.
to experience problems slowing to a 6.199 at 159.83 while Schultz
remained at the bottom of the heap.
Next pair out
featured the Big Dog redux from Q2. Tony Bartone and Jim Murphy
pair up in what many saw as a possible preview of a final round
a tad with a 5.727 at 238.34 which was hardly the back breaking
numbers we're used to seeing from the Champ. Murphy clicked it
way early to a 6.372 at just 166.58 but remained #2 with his
to last car was Dave Miller trying to improve on his #7 6.040.
smoked the tires at the hit.
Miller blazed the tires
at the hit. He remained #7.
Paul pedaled and stabbed it again
but not for long. Coasted through with a 12.045 74.29.
car out for session one was Julius Hughes who was not yet qualified.
but not enough, his 6.281 at 241.20 was only good for #10.
FINAL QUALIFYING FOR
NOSTALGIA TOP FUEL
1) James Young, Salem, Wis.,
'07 FED, 5.618 seconds, 260.36 mph
Top Fuel Qualifying - Sessions 1 &
- Page 1
Top Fuel - Qualifying Session 3 - Page 2
Top Fuel Eliminations Rounds 1 &
Top Fuel Finals - Funny Cars & Fuel
- Page 4
Other Cars - Page 5
2) Jim Murphy, Santa Rosa, Calif., '13 Neil & Parks, 5.692,
3) Mendy Fry, Los Angeles, Calif., '16 Hadman, 5.697, 244.65
4) Tony Bartone, Long Island City, N.Y., '16 Mckinney, 5.727,
5) Adam Sorokin, Glendale, Calif., '04 Sterling, 5.881, 185.21
6) Dusty Green, Pleasant Hill, Calif., '06 Neil & Parks,
7) David Miller, Cedar Hill, Mo., '05 Neil & Parks, 6.040,
8) Tyler Hilton, Sharonville, Ohio, '12 Horton, 6.109, 235.93
9) Jason Greenwood, Racine, Wis., '10 Stirling, 6.238, 241.80
10) Julius Hughes, Gainesville, Ga., '11 Horton, 6.281, 241.20